My very kind and supportive new interweb buddy, Ms. Emily Skinner who writes the Ah-mahzing blog My Journey Through Thick and Thin has nominated little ‘ol me for a Versatile Blogger Award! This award is given by bloggers to bloggers who deem certain blogs or specific posts as noteworthy. More about the Versatile blogger award here.
I am honored to receive this award considering I have only written 7 (now 8) posts thus far and I feel as though it’s way too early in the game for me to be getting any such praise but those who know me know I’ll certainly take it! Holla!
One of the rules after receiving this award is to tell my nominator 7 things about myself so why not share this with all of you as well? Ok, here goes nothing.
1. When I was in the second grade, I made up a dance to the Lion King’s “I just can’t wait to be king”. I wore the same overalls and flower hat (think Blossum) whenever I would perform said dance in front of family and friends. My aunt still talks about this little performance to this day.
2. I did my undergrad at the University of Michigan and will forever bleed maize and blue. My siblings went to Ohio State. I disown them one day a year when our alma maters play each other in football. It’s ugly. And awesome.
3. I used to keep a diary in high school but was so embarrassed by my terrible writing that I threw it out. I started a journal a few years ago and also get embarrassed when I read those. I guess by having an internet audience I create what I think is much more digestible bits of writing.
4. My partner is a poet and I an super jealous of his mad skills.
5. I talk to myself when I’m alone, often “rehearsing” upcoming conversations, especially if they involve confrontations.
6. Since the invention of e-books I’ve been able to get away with my obsession for trashy romance novels in public.
7. I tried to measure the length of my daughter’s eyelashes when she fell asleep in my arms the other day.
Another rule of the VBA’s is to nominate 15 blogs/bloggers I have recently discovered for follow regularly. I would say I probably have quite the mix of blogs that interest me, particularly female/feminist writers and people who make desserts. So here goes!
1. blue milk
10. New Nostalgia
11. Frugal Girls
Well. That was a lot of work but well worth it! Be sure to nominate any fellow bloggers in your life too!